Monday, May 17, 2010

Welcome to "Taste of the World"

Whenever I venture into the theme parks of the Walt Disney World Resort, not only do I enjoy experiencing the timeless nature of attractions such as Pirates of the Caribbean or Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom, the thrills of Tower of Terror at the Hollywood Studios, the sheer majesty of Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom, or the hilarity of Turtle Talk with Crush at Epcot, but I also appreciate elements of the parks which go beyond their rides and shows. Whether it is meandering through the winding paths and trails of Animal Kingdom, absorbing the different cultures of World Showcase at Epcot, or strolling through the various shops on Mainstreet in the Magic Kingdom, Disney World has much to offer its visitors beyond its attractions. One of my favorite elements of Disney World is its restaurants.

Some of the characteristics which make Disney so successful are its attention to detail, theming, depth, story, and quality. Not only are these found in the many attractions of Disney Wolrd, but can also be seen in its restaurants as well. Across its parks and resorts, Disney's restaurants offer visitors a plethora of choices and this blog seeks to lend insight into the wide variety of dining experiences that are available.

Each week this blog will highlight a different dining location. Some weeks the restaurant featured will be sit-down, at other times quick-service, or sometimes even just a place to grab a snack. The format for my reviews of the particular restaurants is as follows:

First, I'll provide an introduction and overview of the restaurant, including its location and any interesting theming or backstory it may have.

Next, I'll talk about the atmosphere, touching upon the restaurant's design, detail, and decor, as well as any "Disney touches" that make it unique.

Third, I'll analyze the menu, highlighting the various appetizers, entrees, and desserts available, particular "must have" or signature items, and then my personal selections and opinions of them.

Fourth, I'll touch upon the service I received and how the servers performed, paying special attention to anything they did that really stood out.

Fifth, I'll offer some cost-saving tips for those on a budget because, while Disney restaurants can sometimes be expensive, you need not spend a fortune every time you eat in the parks.

Lastly, I'll provide a review of my overall experience, including whether or not I would go back or recommend it to others and anything else that really made the meal special.

It is my hope that this blog will serve as a resource for those planning their Disney vacations, shedding light on the many different dining experiences that Disney has to offer. I seek not only to talk about my own personal experiences, but also hope detail everything that each of these restaurants has to offer. In the end, everyone will have their own opinions of the restaurants they eat at, but it is my goal to offer readers just a little "taste of the world."

1 comment: